HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR ARTISAN MADE JEWELRY
Lotus and Luna accessories and apparel are handcrafted with the highest quality of locally sourced materials from Thailand. Here are a few tips on caring for your jewelry:
HOW TO WEAR
- The more intentional you are about caring for your jewelry, the longer it will last.
- Remove your jewelry before bathing, swimming, or exercising.
- Avoid contact with all moisture and chemicals. This includes lotion, perfumes, makeup, salt or chlorine water, hair styling products, and food.
- As a general care tip, your jewelry should be the last thing you put on before going out and the first thing you remove upon coming home.
HOW TO STORE
- Store jewelry in a cloth bag or jewelry box when traveling, or anytime it is not being worn, to avoid scratches, loss or damage.
- Store jewelry separately to avoid damage.
- Do not carry gold-plated jewelry in a purse or mixed with other pieces to prevent scratching.
SNIP THE CORD
Try on your jewelry and decide which size works best for you. Create a cleaner look by using scissors to snip off any remaining loops or lengthy cord.
Lotus and Luna jewelry can be worn in the water but keeping your jewelry dry is the best way to protect it from wear and tear. Our 100% cotton cords last longest when taken off before showering or swimming.
If your jewelry contains a healing gemstone you can cleanse its energy! Rub a few drops of water on the gemstone(s) to gently cleanse the beads and leave it out in the sunlight or moonlight for a few hours to recharge.
Our brass bead will tarnish naturally when exposed to salty air, skin cream, sweat or perfume. Use a cloth to polish them or try shining your brass beads with soapy water or lemon juice and a light brush.
Pearls are natural materials and can be fragile, handle them with care and love. To clean your pearls, apply a small amount of washing up liquid to a cloth, and wipe them clean with a damp sponge. Do not allow the gold-plated or sterling silver castings come into contact with soap or water.