The Magic of Lunar Tea
It’s crazy to think about how a celestial body some 250,000 miles from earth is responsible for the ocean tides that rise and fall every single day. In astrology, the sun is responsible for our zodiac personality and the moon is responsible for our emotions. Where the sun gives us our spirit, the moon gives us our soul.
The moon has a feminine energy in general which is responsive, reflective and receptive. Since about 70-80% of our bodies are water, it makes since that the Moon rules over how we react as well.
Sunlight helps lighten our mood so much that the lack of it can actually cause a type of depression called Seasonal Affective Disorder. Since the light of the Moon is reflective of Sun, the subtle glow of the moon can be just as valuable to us as the sunlight. Just as we create tea which the help of sunlight, we can also make tea with the help of moonlight.
A lunar infusion is simply an herbal tea, left to brew during the night under the soft moonlight. Lunar infusions make for an enchanting and fun full moon ritual. Sip in the morning to fill your body with Lunar Magic! Here’s how...
Lunar Tea Instructions:
- First, find a bowl, cup or pitcher that speaks to you and fill it with water.
- Place the water in the moonlight and add herbs to your liking.
- Next, place the bowl in the moonlight and let it brew overnight. You can place it wherever speaks the most to you. Try placing it in a garden or surround the bowl with your favorite energy stones!
- Once morning arrives, strain and enjoy!
- Some of our favorite herbs to put in our lunar teas are chamomile, hibiscus, passion flower, borage flowers, and lemon balm. There’s no exact amount, just add what feels right to you.
Other ideas to try:
- Self Heal
If you want to feel the effects of the Moon a little more try wearing a bracelet with Moonstones or adding some Moonstones to your tea overnight (don’t forget to wash them before and take them our before drinking)!
Use the code: LUNARMAGIC20 for 20% your next purchase!
P.S. Have you signed up for our Full Moon Club yet?!
Written by Kaylee Bustamante