Valentines day is for the girls. Pink and Red decorations are creeping into every aisle at the store and true love is swirling in the air. But Valentine's day shouldn't just be for the couples! This year, Lotus and Luna has put together the perfect Galentine's celebration for all of your friends on Valentines Day, or as a special Self-love, me-time itinerary! Spending time with girlfriends is a great way to show them how much they mean to you! So here are some super cool things to plan for this February 14th.
1. A list of super cliché romantic comedies to enjoy with your girlfriends.These are 10 perfect girly go tos for a Galentines night in. Popcorn and candy are not required but highly suggested. Or check out Netflix for their Girls Night In playlist and stream your favorites!
- The Proposal
- 10 Things I Hate About You
- Roman Holiday
- 13 going on 30
- Princess Diaries
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Lala Land
2. A DIY at home cinnamon face mask, that not only gives some love to your skin but spices up your movie night!
Cinnamon is known for its healing and antibacterial properties that can help to fight acne, acne scars, soothe dry/itchy skin, improvesfine lines through plumping, cleanses the skin/pores and heals any recent ailments on the skin. It's a great exfoliator and DIY ingredient for any facemask!
For acne: 1 TBSP of cinnamon, 2 TBSP of honey and 1/2 TBSP of lemon juice.
For dry skin: 1 TBSP of cinnamon and 3 TBSP of mashed papaya
For aging skin: 1 TBSP of cinnamon, 3 TBSP of tomato puree, and 1 TBSP of turmeric.
3. A super sweet treat recipe to share with all of your friends.
There's nothing more indulgent than chocolate. Treat you and your Galentines to this gooey chocolate mug cake. Not only is it super easy, but it's vegan and guilt free!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, to taste (or other sweeteners like stevia or agave)
- 4 tablespoons self-raising flour (or plain flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Add in all of your ingredients into a mug or a microwave-safe container and mix well. If you find it necessary, you can add some more almond milk or oil to make it extra moist.
- Microwave on high for 50 seconds, periodically check to make sure it isn't overcooked. If it needs more time, try popping it back in for 10 seconds at a time, being careful not to overcook it.
- Enjoy with your Galentines!
4. A cute gift to send all of your Galentines home with.
Lotus and Luna has the perfect party favor for you and all of your friends in their specially curated Valentines Day Collection! The healing collection supports healing energy and allows you to spread some positive vibes to your gals.
Pick from a ton of healing stones with different healing properties. Pop these into a festive bag filled candy and a handwritten letter telling your friends how much you love them.
Use code: LOVE40 for 40% off until February 11th